LI-CAN PRIORITIES FOR 2017:
- TACKLING CRITICAL PUBLIC ISSUES ON LONG ISLAND
- Helping end the opioid epidemic that continues to grow unchecked in our communities.
- Responding effectively to the pressures and threats facing immigrant communities.
- Getting public officials to join the growing national effort to encourage gun safety.
- Helping congregations and other property owners cut power bills and fossil-fuel use.
- BUILDING PUBLIC RELATIONSHIPS IN A TIME OF POLARIZATION AND DIVISION: Finding common ground across lines of race, faith and ideology on Long Island.
- STRENGTHENING OUR INSTITUTIONS: Identifying and training new leaders inside of congregations and other institutions. Conducting "listening campaigns" to get a deeper understanding of the interests of our communities.
- STRENGTHENING OUR DEMOCRACY: Training and engaging leaders in the practical work of democracy -- acting effectively on our interests and values, building long-term power, and holding governmental and corporate leaders accountable.